The Glasgow Chamber Orchestra is a charity registered in Scotland No SC022256
The Orchestra is affiliated to Making Music Scotland - Supporting & Championing Voluntary Music
The Glasgow Chamber Orchestra uses an audition process in order to maintain a high standard of music-making within the Orchestra. Please be assured, however, that while the concept of an audition may be daunting, the Orchestra will make every effort to help and encourage all prospective players to play to their best! The Procedure is laid out below:-
7. A prospective member shall be auditioned on the third rehearsal of attending unless there are exceptional circumstances.
8. Prior to the rehearsal at which the audition will take place, a prospective string member shall spend part of a rehearsal sitting at the front desk of the appropriate section.
9. The audition shall take place during a rehearsal interval. The prospective member will be advised of the outcome of the audition in writing by the Orchestral Manager after the rehearsal at which the audition took place.
10. Auditions shall be heard by the Conductor, the Leader, and a relevant Section player.
11. Should a prospective member not be offered membership after audition, he or she shall be free to re-audition in any subsequent term.
12. In the event of a former member wishing to rejoin the orchestra, the Committee may, in consultation with the Conductor, extend an offer of membership to the former member without the need for further audition.